Chess iX designs, develops and maintains bespoke software products for the top 500 companies in Europe. With a passion for technology and a strong commitment to quality we help our clients innovate and optimize their business by delivering software that is fit for purpose, fit for use and above all, fit for change.
Chess iX has a growth strategy, and is therefore looking for a software architect.
Position software architect
As a software architect you are a key player within Chess iX. From the initial proposal phase until the final delivery you are involved with, and responsible for, turning client wishes into working software. A combination of a solid technical background, significant experience with project-based development, and well-developed communication skills make you the ideal candidate for this job.
If developing software is your passion, Chess iX is the ultimate place to work. All our projects are done in-house, and so every day you will be surrounded by smart, curious colleagues with a shared ambition to create the most beautiful, smart and elegant software possible. You are encouraged to keep looking for a better way of doing things, and to share your ideas with others so that together we grow and learn.
You have proven experience in balancing the technical, functional and human aspects in a software project. You can lead a team of software engineers and testers by motivating your technological choices and designs, and together accomplish results. You can communicate equally well with non-technical stakeholders as well as with specialists. You are capable of estimating development efforts, and measuring progress throughout a project, both within a short iteration as well as throughout a larger project.
- A minimum of 7 years experience with software development and design
- Experience with leading a team of software engineers and testers
- Experience with (technical) quality assurance
- A thorough knowledge of Java development, including programming, design, testing and build- and delivery processes
- Significant experience with open source frameworks, such as Spring, Wicket, Tapestry, Hibernate, iBatis
- Experience with several project- and development methodologies (SCRUM, RUP, waterfall)
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- An education on at least HBO level
For more information you can contact Laurien van Daalen at email@example.com
Or by phone: +31 88 248 16 32