As a Software Architect you are a key player within Chess iX. From the initial proposal phase until the final delivery you are involved with, and responsible for, turning client wishes into working software. A combination of a solid technical background, significant experience with project-based development, and well-developed communication skills make you the ideal candidate for this job.
If designing and developing software is your passion, Chess iX is the ultimate place to work.
All our projects are done in-house, so every day you will be surrounded by smart, curious colleagues with a shared ambition to create the most beautiful, smart and elegant software possible. You are encouraged to keep looking for a better way of doing things, and to share your ideas with others so together we grow and learn.
You have proven experience in balancing the technical, functional and human aspects in a software development project. You can lead a team of software engineers and testers by motivating your technological choices and designs. Together with that team you accomplish the best possible results.
You are capable of estimating development efforts, and measuring progress throughout a project, both within a short iteration as well as throughout a larger project. You can communicate equally well with non-technical stakeholders as with specialists.
- A minimum of 7 years experience with software development and design
- Experience with leading a team of software engineers and testers
- Experience with (technical) quality assurance
- A thorough knowledge of Java development, including programming, design, testing and build- and delivery processes
- Significant experience with open source frameworks such as Spring, Wicket, GWT, Hibernate, MyBatis, AngularJS, Backbone, Selenium, Cucumber and Jenkins
- Experience with several project- and development methodologies (SCRUM, RUP, waterfall)
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- An education on at least HBO level
How to apply
Please send us your CV with motivation letter, or contact us for more information at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +31 (0) 88 248 1632.